Competitors will weigh with the Gi on when they arrive at the venue, before their first fight. There is only one opportunity to check the weight. If the competitor does not make weight,they will be immediately disqualified.
Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You can not change divisions ,if you do not make your designated division. No changes will be accepted in the tournament day, no refund.
The Weigh-in / Check-in desk will be at the front.
- All parents and coaches are required to ensure they register their athletes in the proper weight category.
- We heavily discourage any form of weight cutting, especially for kids.
- We will provide a discretionary weight allowance as we are aware it is common for growing kids to fluctuate rather quickly.
- All kids will be primarily groups by age and weight first, then by skills.
- There will be NO weight allowance for adults.
* Division/Weight changes *
- You may request a change in weight division up to Thursday November 18th, 2017
- Athlete’s who are competing in the GI division will NOT have to weigh in again for NOGI
- Athlete’s who are ONLY doing the NOGI division are required to check-in and weigh in with their NOGI attire
Weight Divisions and Brackets
Brackets will be posted online as people register in real time.
As with all of our tournaments, we may have to combine certain weight divisions together if there is less than 4 competitors.
If you do not wish to be moved, you may request a refund and withdraw.
Please select the closest weight for the competitors estimated weight for the tournament. All kids will be grouped based on Age, Weight and Skill. Choosing the closest weight category will allow us to better make brackets accordingly.
KIDS DIVISIONS and BRACKETS
Our new registration provides you to select the approximate wait of the competitor. We will use these selections to create custom brackets for the young competitors. Our primary goals is to always combine same weight and ages but in some cases we must combine various categories.
Our goals are to do our best to provide the following:
- Kids will be within 1 weight category (within 10lbs) of each other
- Kids age groups will be one above or one below, ideally within 2 years where possible.
This may not always be possible, and you may request changes or to withdraw should you feel necessary.
We work hard to ensure we have the fairest divisions and brackets possible based on the number of registrations. It is important that athletes register as early as possible to provide the best outcomes. We do offer refunds for injuries reported before the athlete correction deadline or if you do not choose a preferred options if we have to combine your weight division with a higher one.