MB Open returns Saturday and Sunday November 9th and 10th.
Adults on the 9th
Kids on the 10th
Featuring MASTERS divisions!
Competitors 35 and over can register for the Masters divisions for FREE! We want to showcase the older competitors this year!
More details to come.
Youtube links also can be found on the Smoothcomp event https://smoothcomp.com/en/event/1811
Saturday – Mat 1 »
Saturday – Mat 2 »
Saturday – Mat 3 »
Sunday – Mat 1 »
Sunday – Mat 2 »
Sunday – Mat 3 »
Here we go!
The initial brackets and schedule are up:
* There are a handful of kids who I was not able to place. Please have a look. If you are the parent or coach, please let me know if you see another division you are ok to move them UP to. Otherwise I will refund all fees.
Schedule: We will be starting at 9AM Sharp!
Be ready for your division 30 mins before your first match!
The schedule is update LIVE as the day goes. Use your phone and look at the website. Your matches are shown when you log in, and you can always search the schedule for your fight schedule
* Adults – If you dont make weight, you will be DQd. (this is a long standing rule, we expect you do be adults and register properly)
* Kids – we have some weight allowance only. We will address any large discrepancies on a case by case basis.
* If you need to pull out or not able to continue to compete, please let me know! (this happens a lot of for some who do GI, but decide not to do NOGI).
* Please use the TV schedules to find out when you are up, and head to that mat when it says you are on deck!
We have a long day Saturday and want to keep everything going smooth!
To better serve our growing kids competitors, we have created new kid weight divisions in 10lb increments.
When registering a kid, select the appropriate weight group (-55,-65,-75…), if you feel they may be on the edge between two make your best judgement at the time and you can add a note with the entry to say what their weight is at the time of registration.
All parents and coaches can log in and manage the weight division, skill and age category at any time!
We encourage parents to check in with their kids weight and adjust their entry accordingly.
After registration deadline if the competitor is alone in their division there are three possibilities:
- The parent or coach can log in, and move the competitor up an age, skill or weight division. In doing so you can add a NOTE in the entry that this has been done or add any additional information.
- The parent or coach may cancel the registration before athlete check deadline for a full refund.
- If the competitor is left alone in their division, we may merge them to the nearest division by default.
Should the brackets be published and any competitor is left alone, we will refund those entries the following week.
If you have any questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
The Spring Manitoba Open is back May 11& 12!
Registration is now open for all divisions!
We are back with another two day event!
Tentative date is Nov 3 & 4
More details to come shortly!
Few reminders for the weekend:
Please login and verify that your registrations are accurate. You have until Thursday 8PM to make changes.
Coaches/Parents: Please double check that you’ve selected the nearest weight for the young competitors (Round up!) This allows us to do our best to make the fairest brackets!
Adults/Competitors: Make sure you are registered in the right division. The weigh class selections is the MAX weight for that division. (-168 means you must be under 168). ** If you do not make weight you will be disqualified ** We will not be making any changes to brackets for missed weight. Choose wisely.
Kids will weigh-in WITH the gi on.
Adults do NOT have to weigh-in with the gi. NOGI attire (shorts+shirt) is ok. This is something we are trying out for this event with the addition of the absolutes.
Reminder this will be advance (purple+) rules. Open weight and open experience.
Saturday: Absolute NOGI, Absolute GI, Adult GI, Adult NOGI
Sunday: Kids GI, Kids NOGI, *Seminar*
Sunday Seminar with Jason Gagnon, Cobrinha black belt and season IBJJF competitor
** SEMINAR WILL BE FREE FOR ALL COMPETITORS** We didnt hit our 200 mark,but we are close enough! Please check in at door.
$50 for non-competitors who can pay at door.
In order for us to make the best and fairest brackets for kids, we have all kids registrations entered under the nearest 5lb increments. We will then sort the kids to our best abilities to the nearest weight, age and skill.
The live registration list is just who’s registered and not the brackets.