Follow the smoothcomp website for up to the minute brackets and schedule.
BE AT THE VENUE AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR FIRST MATCH. YOU MUST BE WEIGHED/CHECKED IN AND READY BY THE TIME YOU ARE CALLED.
We will try out best to stay as close as we can. However with any delays, the schedule will be updated as the day goes on.
Watch the Bullpen TV to see when you must be on deck and waiting.
Use the Find matches to find out when your matches are:
Check out the Facebook Event page:
Join the event and show everyone you’ll be attending. We’ll be posting most of our updates directly on the event page.
Are you waiting to see if anyone else is in your division?
Chances are your competition is too!
Register early and let everyone know you are up to compete. We are a proud local tournament, put on by the community for the community.
We will refund your entry 100% if there is noone in your division and you do not wish to move into another one. (One exception is Masters divisions will default to adult of the same weight/experience if there is not enough).
That said, the best way to get people to your division, is to register early and get your name upon the list ASAP!
We are always looking to expand our referee pool.
If you are a purple belt and up and would like to referee, email us to join our mentor-ship program. We will teach you the rules and how to referee. During the tournament you’ll be partnered with an experienced ref who will be at your mat with you during your matches. We will help with any issues and provide feedback after.
Being a referee is a hard job, but without them we wouldn’t have a tournament.
We pay all of our referees for their work!
email us today: firstname.lastname@example.org
As we continue to grow and improve, we are always looking for more feedback.
What do you think of the new registration site and process so far?
email us: email@example.com
Our new SmoothComp registration site is up and online.
Check it out and register today!
Our athlete listing is updated immediately and brackets will be available online the week before the tournament!
Live results will be posted throughout the day!
Please check out the new rules, weight division and registration pages!!
We have some big changes coming this year to make it the best tournament yet!
Pleased to announce the following joining us this year:
- Robertson College Winnipeg – providing FREE massages to competitors all day
- Reboot Recovery – Sponsoring our absolute winners!
- Provencher Family Chiropractic Centre – Free mobility assessments.
- Impact Physio Therapy – providing on-site medical assistance
- Warrior Soap Co. : Locally made organic soap – Sponsoring our gold medal winners.
The next Manitoba Open is now scheduled for Saturday May 13th!
Registration will be open in the next few days.
Same venue, same ruleset.
Worried if there will be enough people in your division or the division for your child?
We work extremely hard to ensure that we provide the best divisions and brackets for all of our athletes. Here’s how:
- We group all of the kids by age, weight, experience and gender when possible. This can be sometimes very challenging but we do our best to ensure the most fair brackets.
- We try our best to have boys and girls in their own divisions.
- When we have to move a young competitor with others who may be older, bigger or more experienced we like to reach out to the parent and coach to let them know. If at any time they feel unconformable we try and work out a solution. If we can’t, we will refund the registration as a last resort.
- The BEST way to get people in your division is to register EARLY. We can’t reinforce this enough! We post the registered athletes weeks in advance which helps promote others to register with you!
- We do out best to provide divisions based each belt when we can. If there are enough blue belts, they will have their own. If there are enough purple belts, they will have their own division, etc. etc.
- Advance belts especially are always concerned if they will have someone to compete against. If there is no one in your division by the Athlete Correction Date (Nov 10) and you do not want to change divisions we will refund your registration upon request.
All changes to your divisions can be made up until November 10, 2016
All athletes can compete in higher weight and experience divisions if they choose.
Please contact us if you have questions.